Dr. A F M Kamrul Hassan (Lien)
- Tel: (office)88-0721-711134
- Fax: 880-0721-750064
- E-mail: email@example.com
Master of Philosophy (A two year Research Study), Dept. of Finance & Banking,University Rajshahi, Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh, Year Attended: 2003-2005.
Title of the Thesis: Impact of Financial Sector Reform on Financial Intermediation in Bangladesh – An Empirical Assessment.
Master of Business Studies (Finance & Banking), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, Length of the Program: 1 Year, Academic Session: 1988-89, Exam Held and Result Obtained: 1993, Result: First Class (1st Place).
Money & monetary policy, exchange rate economics, trade and trade liberalization, financial development, growth & poverty.
- Hassan, AFM Kamrul, Ruhul Salim and Shuddhasattwa Rafiq , “Causality and Dynamics of Energy Consumption and Output: Evidence from Non-OECD Asian countries” accepted for publication, Journal of Economic Development.
- Hassan, AFM Kamrul and Ruhul Salim , "Determinants of private investment: time series evidence from Bangladesh" forthcoming in Journal of Developing Areas.
- Hassan, AFM Kamrul , “Financial development, trade openness and economic growth in India: A causality analysis” in R.K. Uppal (ed.) Paradigm Shift in Indian Banking, Mahamaya Publishing House: New Delhi, pp.10-41.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul and Dr. M. Rafiqul Islam , ‘Financial Sector Reform and Competition in Banking Sector in Bangladesh- A Preliminary Assessment’, The Journal of Business Administration, 32(3&4):79-104.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , ‘Determinants of Current Account Deficit in Developing Countries: The Case of Bangladesh’; Studies in Business and Economics, 12(1):5-24
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , ‘Forecasting Money Multiplier in Bangladesh: An Application of Box-Jenkins (BJ) Methodology’, The Journal of the Institute of Bangladesh Studies, XXVIII: 7-18.
- Bari, Mohd. Abdul and A.F.M. Kamrul Hassan, , ‘The Behavior of Velocity of Money in Bangladesh: 1974/75-2001/02’, Management & Accounting Research, 7(3-4):43-59.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , ‘An Examination of Development Approach to Trade-Poverty Relationship in the context of Bangladesh’ Development Review, 17:93-106.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , ‘Trade Openness and Economic Growth: Search for a Causal Relationship. Does Openness Reduce Poverty?’ South Asian Journal of Management, 12(4):38-51.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul and Dr. M. Rafiqul Islam , ‘Temporal Causality and Dynamics of Financial Development, Trade Openness and Economic Growth in Vector Auto Regression (VAR): Evidence from Bangladesh, 1974-2003’; The Journal of Nepalese Business Studies, II(1):1-12
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , ‘Finance-Growth Nexus and Banking Sector in Bangladesh-Some Observations’, in Dr. Nalini Prava Tripathy (ed.), Emerging Scenario of Indian Banking Industry (ISBN: 81-8325-008-4). New Delhi, India: Mahamaya Publishing House: 224-241.
- M. Rafiqul Islam and AFM Kamrul Hassan , “Does government expenditure reduce GDP gap? Evidence from Bangladesh”, The Journal of Nepalese Business Studies, vol. III, No.1, pp.1-8.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul , “An Examination of the Relative Impact of Fiscal and Monetary Policies on Nominal Income in Bangladesh”, The Philippine Review of Economics,Vol.XLI, No.1, pp.79-90.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul; Md. Afsar Ali, ACMA and Dr. M. Rafiqul Islam , ‘Trade Liberalization in Bangladesh-A Critical Evaluation’, The Cost & Management, XXXI(3):25-29.
- Hassan, A.F.M. Kamrul and Dr. M. Rafiqul Islam  ‘Choice of Exchange Rate Regime- Should Bangladesh Float?’ Management & Accounting Research, 6(3&4): 93-106.